Here are the answers. Top marks if you got more than three without Google!
1. 116 years. 1337 – 1453
3. From sheep and horses
4. November 7th. Russia’s calendar was 13 days behind.
5. 16. Louis 17th died in prison during the French revolution and never reached the throne.
6. Dogs. The Latin name Insulavia Canaria means island of dogs.
7. Albert – when he came to the throne in 1936 he took the same name as his father, hoping this would help restore confidence in the Monarchy.
8. Manx shearwater. Puffins are genus Lunda or Fratercula
9. Spring, April 29th to May 1st.
10. 30 years. 1618 – 1648.